cottage


As is often the way in Tetbury, our day was planned around being outside as much, if not more than inside. The 12 adults split into cycling and walking groups, all of us trying very hard not to let the 'late' night before impact us. This was after breakfast, split into the porridge v fry up crew. Although, K, my newest pal did an impressive both! 
These cottages are really beautiful and so tastefully done, loads of space. I recommend them. 

I was a walker and fry up. Our walk ended with us in a cafe with tea and chats then we drove back to the cottages to prep the pre-prepared lunch. Rosie and Michael (I think mainly Rosie) had cooked meals in advance so they could maximise pal time. With the glow, and slight whiff of exercise we all happily tucked into the hearty soup and delighted in the cheese and bread. Then a small group of women headed to the open pools for a cold water swim. And yes, I was one of them. In a borrowed swimsuit I did it, I was worried about my knee and neck, both still sore but I still managed it. And felt really very proud, it helped that after a drizzly morning, the sun had come out. The water was 17 degrees but the air was warmer, so much so that standing in autumn sun, drying off and chatting while looking at swans and an elegant Heron glide close by, was calming and delightful. I'm tempted to be a weekend commuter, getting out of London at the weekend twice in a row has done me the power of good. We headed back to warm showers and prep for the evening. I did very little, a little washing up and then we all dressed up ready for champagne and another beautiful meal. Although I was really very full from all the other fantastic food. Rosie's parents joined us and I got to catch up with them and listen to funny snippets of their lives. I find it remarkable that he still farms everyday and she still does everything that a farmer's wife does - which is a lot. Including the cake she bakes for all guests, we were not left out. Homemade jam too. 

After a very competitive game of linkee, it was very entertaining, but on the suggestion of a rematch, I could not keep my eyes open and was, I think, the first grown up to go to bed and I drifted off with memories of a truly gorgeous day. (My team won!) Breakfast the next day and many more opted for fry up and, after copious amounts of tea we all set off for an increasingly familiar walk through the surrounding fields on the public footpaths to Tetbury town center. We were blessed with beautiful sunshine and the sound of various birds. A stop off at a cafe and a different route back to a plentiful lunch and with a heavy heart we said our goodbyes and off home. 

My work week felt long, this was in part due to Open Evening. I enjoyed a lot of it. Some more successes but I've had a cold so it has been hard to be focused. 

BigA started at his first placement school on Tuesday. Unfortunately he's been feeling under the weather but the first few days are mainly lots of information and finding your way around. He seems to be enjoying it and now he gets up before me. 

The cats are well! Two presents of dead animals this week. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

long goodbye

Island living

Uni reunion