pipes


As I sent last weeks email we were newly in Brussels and it was very early, and the place felt almost abandoned. As we wandered around, it slowly picked up and we went on a little walk to see the boy pissing statue (smaller than expected!) and a few other buildings. Another stop for a drink, a walk in a park, bit of food including a disappointing version of croque monsieur (Ham and cheese toastie) and then to a flea market. Which was huge and a bit overwhelming. Next to a few more shops and then bar, beer shop, bar, pizza, taxi, Eurostar, bus and finally home. Oof, BigA changed our bedsheets which I simply didn't have the energy to do. Checked there was milk and bed. I slept very well. 

The bank holiday weekend was really just about washing and food shopping, oddly feeling like I needed to charge my batteries for work. Which to be fair, as a 4 day week and 2 of them training days with free lunch, wasn't bad and all was well bigger pictures wise. I've moved office and I'm much happier in my new one. Some nice moments with students who now know me, about a quarter of teaching staff change each year so being here after a holiday means something to them. 

We went out on Tuesday to a film and meal night with another of E's friends. Interesting place and film. 

A, ever the jet setter, has gone to Amsterdam, on her list of places she really wanted to see and Asher spent most of the week sorting things so he can start his journey into teaching. And getting the cover for our solar power sorted. Oh and of course our old house looks like parts of it are falling down. Someone is coming to look today. 

The rain has been welcome if only in that, we just really need some. It does remind me that the feast and famine isn't good for me and I prefer a mix of summer rain and warm days. I'm sure we all do. The sudden rain flooded our porch again but that should be fixed soon. The joys of home ownership. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Norfolk trying to find spring

Garden clearance

cyber security