Am dram
What I miss about my Friday off varies each week, last week it was driving on a Friday evening rather than in the day. This week it was that I felt shattered on Thursday and wished for a 4 day week. Mostly it's just that I like a long weekend every weekend. Mind you, better for my liver and I'm not drinking on school nights.
I did the usual clean up that you need after any work has been done and a few chores. Off to a small and modest birthday party of one of BigA:s frisbee people. I was the only non frisbee player there but they were all lovely and we played games and had a right giggle, and an early-ish night. Sunday was roller derby - still no contact although I did make two very spectacular falls when trying to do a series lap. My body has not have quite the level of workout in a while - and then Folk at 33. I hadn't placed to do a solo but as we were doing a tribute to Dolly Parton and the lady who read going to sing that couldn't attend, I, without rehearsal, did my best. I will always love you, I didn't do the talking bit and the audience joined in with the chorus.
I went to the theatre this week, an am dram piece that has one of the Folk singers in it, I wasn't sure what to expect with it being volunteers and the genre is 'in yer face' so you have to go prepared to be at least shocked. I wasn't very shocked at the content, more by just how much it didn't hit the mark. My inner director kept seeing the under rehearsed bits, the miscasting and lack of pace. Glad I went, glad we popped off before the questions to writer and director. Not a great play. 'Some explicit Polaroids'
Also had dinner with our neighbours, who still haven't been able to move. I hope when they finally do, their replacement is just as lovely. Our very cheeky cat was already they when we arrived. Patches clearly thinks it's his house. A very pleasant evening, shame they are moving.
I didn't see H at all - he misses A so much he spent most of the one day off he gets, travelling to see her for a day last week, young love hey!
BigA has continued at uni, it's been nice to chat all things pedagogical, I'm enjoying the shared experience already. He has been told what school he'll be at, which seems like a good place.
Comments
Post a Comment