Onion Pie
Off we set for Liverpool after breakfast and, despite a little confusion on route we got there easily enough. Rug laid and stuff moved in, we went to Tesco for a big starter shop. More sorting and chats with her new, much nicer housemates and we then went for a delicious meal with my cousin. Then back to A's and a bunch of her mates came over but all very sensible, not a drop off alcohol consumed. I took myself off to bed having been up for an age. But before I went I was able to enjoy seeing A in her element and relished in the warm feeling of knowing that she is so loved and respected by the people she had gathered around her.
I snuck downstairs the next morning for tea and a little tidy up. Then A took me out for breakfast and a wander in the autumn sun to the docks and a few shops. Once back I knew I needed to get going. Bitter sweet that parting. I miss her so much but I know she's having a great time and that she really does belong there. Back home it was actually lovely to see someone who loves her sitting in my front room. We chatted a bit and then, joy of joys he offered to cook dinner. And wow, a delicious onion and cheese tart. No shop bought rubbish, made beautifully. Not long after that BigA got home from his weekend of frisbee. (We had left him some)
Seems strange that that was only a week ago.
Work was my first full week of my actual classes. My sixth formers are coming into my lessons to help me out. I love it. Year 11 the one class that really tests my patience. My new year 10 grows though, I hope this settles down because I'm having to hold off on getting really started. I put up a poster of uni destinations for the arts and was delighted yesterday to see a bunch of students pointing at them and saying which one they want to go to.
BigA has been enjoying uni, great to hear him feel like he's learning. 2 reading days - lots of work to do.
And we've had the front drainpipe sorted. What a fun packed week.
Comments
Post a Comment