Summer pubs

 My Saturday morning involved watching the scaffolding coming down and making a lovely salad for BigA and me. Later he headed off to watch The Odesy and I went for a little garden party and sing song with the Folk 33 lot and then back to the E for the DJ set there with the Bs. Back for cuddles and a catch up with my lovely husband. I forwent the after party I was invited to. Remarkably I woke feeling refreshed and ready for a good garden tidy, now I could get the brush down the side again and BigA quickly fixed the hanging basket bracket and hosepipe hook up. I felt very proud of my little garden and how it's coping with no rain. At least it wasn't roasting hot. Later that day one of BigA's child hood pals and wife arrived. They have returned from another stint overseas and we're using us as a base to house hunt. They have moved home 9 times in the last 18 years. They both agree it's never fun. 

This week saw me having a much desired catch up with a very long lasting pal and the two of us walked lots and drank wine in parks like a couple of hobos. Delighted in very good samoas, a delicious discovery of Jaffa cake digestives, and, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and giant whatsits. A picnic of champions. Almost 20 thousand steps later I was home and tucking into a pasta bake I'd made that morning, in anticipation of not being able to cook upon my return. 

It was E's birthday this week and therefore we took him out for lunch at a very nice place on the canal and we then did a nice walk to a pub and then another pub. 

And last night another pub because we were supporting the opening of a new place nearby. It was very crowded so we had one, then toddled off to a less busy cocktail bar and had a table, chats we could hear and a nice walk home in the warm air. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brussels

Garden clearance

shoes