travel
I had a restless night, no booze so I think it was simply the worry I've always had taking hold. Nothing major and, as my life goes things right now are really very normal and (touch wood) nothing big or bad is going on. But I was very much cheered by the fact that I was heading to Brighton to see marvelous people.
The sun was shining and I got to the train station in plenty of time. So many trains leaving from Thameslink at London Bridge. Happily S got the same train, just in the nick of time, and so the day of walking and chatting and happy reminders of times before. A very sensible day, spent mostly right by the sea. It was therapeutic to be around people I know well and who know me.
And Sunday was delightful, I had a catch up with a dear friend. Swift but nourishing and then H took me for lunch at one of my most favourite places. A had told him he would be one of the many men I've let buy me lunch there. I went for the vegan breakfast which is as healthy as it sounds and much more delicious. We then we had a wander in a vain search for capers (we had found some but at £5.99 for a tiny jar, it was too much.) And then, because we were walking past, we had a swift half in the Beehive before home. He then set off to surprise A in l. Hooked.
My work week was pleasant enough, I decided to watch the last bit of the yr 7/8 girls football match and it was against my last school, and some of the players were super excited to see me, as was their PE teacher and we had cuddles and catch ups and it made me miss them lots. It's a strange job that way, being so involved in their lives and then not. But it was nice to be missed, 3 girls telling me I'm much better than their new teacher. They were having Ofsted and so was the school I'm a Governor at. I could go into what a colossal waste of time and money I think the current form of Ofsted is, even with its reforms. But I will spare you.
The week was broken up by a Moorefields eye appointment and taking the car for its MOT. And a delightful evening with J, who I'd promised dinner to and couldn't face cooking so we treated ourselves to eating out followed by Jigsaw therapy.
All good with the eye stuff, essentially the Dr I saw this time agreed that taking the chemotherapy drug wasn't necessary as there has been no change and I wouldn't get any sight back with it. So just monitoring. You don't always realise how tense you've been until the tension is allowed to go. Yesterday I got the bus to and from work, the car hadn't got through it's MOT first time. It was funny to see the reactions of the students getting on the same bus, like they'd seen a minor celebrity out in the wild. The most common question on the return journey - Miss, you getting the bus?
BigA continues to enjoy the vast majority of the course. It's been fun hearing all about it and the people who speak and what schools they are from often connecting me to them. This week it was a woman I knew at PV so we've been able to say hi again via my husband and WhatsApp. It's also been rather lovely to hear him tell me how he has passed on my own words of wisdom to others.
Yesterday we set off for a weekend in beautiful T. We are in their parents cottages for they joint 50th. It is lush. We had far too much fizz but loads of laughs.
Comments
Post a Comment