#
There's no denying that I'm closer to 50 than I have been before. Very much hoping when I get there I look as hot as my big sister.
I set off to St Alban's last Saturday to see my ex pupil who is a delight to see and we laughed and shared injury stories as he'd come off his motorbike a few weeks before and is still working from home. Once home I had a craving for Ethiopian food and so for the first time we ordered some Ethiopian takeaway, we normally go out to get it, absolutely delicious and there was enough for breakfast the next morning. I think the injera bread is what really makes it so good.
I fitted in a couple of good pal catch ups this week before I scooted off to my home town, leaving BigA behind to do work stuff. One was at A p duck pond, and as we bemoaned the state of education these days we were thoroughly entertained by a boat in the shape of a flamingo, being rescued by a large man in a very small boat. Then we wandered seeing the impact of the receding water, dead fish etc. But the ice-cream helped us move on.
BigA has worked super hard this summer so I'm glad next week he will actually start to have some holiday, and of course if he enjoys being a school teacher we will be able to enjoy our holidays together when he graduates.
I've spent most of my birthday week with my mum. Got a surprise and excellent pedicure on the day I arrived. And I've had a rare catch up with my eldest niece. Great to see her, even though it was very brief. My nephew excelled in his results and therefore will be setting off to uni in September. I was delighted to be able to celebrate this news in person with my big sister and mum that evening. Friday was a slightly more somber occasion because mum and I went with close family friends to inter the ashes of two people very dear to our family. A father and daughter together, although they died many years apart. Two people who, for me, are entwined with happy childhood memories and will remain in those stories and pictures of the years gone by. I was glad to be there and the chats after, laughing about the adults who would kick all us children out of the room they were in and left us to find our own entertainment. We loved it, the freedom and the absence of anyone really in charge.
I've woken in my old room and the sound of rain, such after that nation wide wild fire alert is really weird nice. I'm looking forward to my day of presents and a meal out with my big sister, her family and my mum. Feels like I'm back to my 20s
Comments
Post a Comment