away
As if the way with birthdays, it was delightful and over all too quickly. After tea in bed, morning presents, opened in front of my mum and sister for the first time in years, I then got a scrumptious BLT for breakfast. Mum and I took a leisurely stroll to the seafront and had a small lunch while chatting away about the past and future. It was the first rainy day for weeks there on the coast, not too much and therefore no flashfloods that I'm sure will occur once the heat of this summer subsides. We went out again for our evening meal, a place most of us hadn't been to before and a meat eaters heaven. Really delicious. Home for a little more celebration and reminiscing about childhood and the warmth of fond memories made the absence of my little family ok in the end. I felt very loved.
Home to a poorly husband I set about getting the house shipshape for, firstly A's boyfriend who will be staying here while he works at a theatre in London and for the family of 5 who need a place to stay for 6 days before they can move into their home.
Off to T for a just shy of a week of relaxation and fun. This was in the form of great food, massive 2000 piece jigsaw, reading, bit of shopping, walking, chatting, code names and for BigA and Ml a day long bike ride. I've evening their nextdoor neighbours had us all over for a homecoming meal. And there i got to catch up with Rs other family members. We visited a local vineyard and sampled the 2023 and 24 white wine. We enjoyed the spoils of the vegetable patch I saw develop last year. It was, like so much of the UK, sad to see the dryness of the farm land and knowing the impact on the harvest. And under my careful and strict supervision Re did a good old clear out inspired by getting the uni box for her first one to be heading to uni in a few weeks.
There's been many highlights to this trip, the little interactions that tell me how much I love this family and, frankly how much they love me. D sitting chatting with me while we finish the 2000 piece jigsaw, By standing next to me waiting for the hello hug, Aa, bringing us each plate of food and drink with a confidence and pride in her place of work and giving us a few freebies to boot.
It has been a great week.
Lots of August love
Comments
Post a Comment