jigsaws
It felt like a busy morning, A's birthday presents and a tidy to get the dust up from the solar installation and then I got ready for the game day. Sadly not me playing but still off to Tottenham leisure centre to set up etc. This did mean I avoided the arrival of A's mates and could ignore any sleeping arrangements being agreed and made for that night. I was very pleased that a bunch of mates and A's group all came and A had booked a table for her lot in the same pub I was in for the skating after party. We'd got them tickets to the game so they boosted numbers and, although they didn't have a clue what was going on at first, I think they enjoyed the sport. After the pub BigA and I were able to wander home together and went via Lidl - and impulse bought an air fryer!
A and her pals were all up and about relatively early the next day and it was great that they headed off to get last minute tickets for Wicked. I was lucky enough to have M and D over for a bit that morning and the now regular advice and help on what to do in the garden. If only there was some rain. Most of A's pals stayed until Monday morning and then, I set off for an opticians appointment and she and her fella went back to Liverpool for his graduation followed by a holiday in Greece. I was sad she was going, I really do love having her around but I also love her independence and ability to make the most of these times. I hope she always can. And poor thing had the misery of her suitcase being left at Manchester - just hers! Because she's resilient she got the information needed, and wearing half her fellas clothes the next day went for her first all inclusive breakfast -
And so after a very full house BigA and I return to just us. I was supposed to go into my school on Tuesday to help my music teacher sort out the chaos of the music cupboard but we found out they were doing an asbestos removal that day so agreed it wasn't ideal. Instead I mooched about at home, then a bit at T H a lot of book reading and odd jobs and that evening I attended a quiz night, which was lots of fun. Hosted by my pals favourite drag act and we came second!
Wednesday was due to be a PV reunion - we hadn't really made any decent plans and so I wasn't very surprised when they couldn't make the plans we hadn't quite made - scheduled for next week. It did mean that I could spend the day in glorious jigsawing thanks to my amazing pal who gifted me 3 jigsaws a month or so before and for which I have been saving for the either too hot to be outside days or lazy ones. Watched a blooming good TV short series as I quietly got out of my own head and speedily finished the first one ready for the next. For that one, one of my best puzzle head mates joined me so done in double quick time. I also did a coaching session for an ex pupil who is now 34 and he felt at a crossroads in his career. That career is in theatre and acting and I am so impossibly proud of how much he has done, not remotely famous, but a real jobbing actor.
More mooching the following day which included watering the garden with the grey water that BigA sorted this week. Proper eco warriors now. Particularly helpful with the hosepipe ban.
I've found it strange since term has ended, I keep thinking I need to set an alarm for work and thinking, what I am doing today, and that is nice but slightly unsettling. I wonder if having had A back and then not - sent me off kilter.
Oh and BigA had his interview about the PGCE and was successful so he'll be a student again in September learning how to be a Citizenship teacher.
Yesterday after lunch S and I set off for my mum's because this weekend is dedicated to Kate Bush. More details of that adventure to follow.
If any of you have good go to vegetarian air fryer recipes - let me know.
Comments
Post a Comment