The last day of 2023 was very nice, we went for an Ethiopian meal and I cooked up what I could of the food in the fridge for an evening meal. A and a friend of hers went off to Annie's lodge and managed to stay away from her dad and Keith who went to watch the football. Despite seeing the new year in asleep, I woke up about 3am to see a few messages UK time and was then kinda of awake all morning. The first day of 2023 was simple. Rest, a good book, which made me cry, liquorice all-sorts and simple leftovers and beautiful fruit salad too. I hope that I find most of 2023 as straight forward. On Monday we set off for the holiday part of the holiday. Mumbo Island. It is still a beautiful place, we were here a few years ago. That time with the Wagner's and The Martin/Sacket's. The island is preserved and again, simple. The setting; a deep green tree covered island with boulders and rocks that are a sandy yellow with the marks of distant years when the lake was even higher ...
As you know I told boss) that we have decided to leave and I've been applying for jobs already. There have been 3 that look ok so far. I've got 2 meetings with someone at the school, governor or similar. I didn't write expect to get that so I'm feeling very pleased about that. Still top secret here but I'm sure it will get out soon. Funny how people want to know what we're doing. I remember Julia saying how lots of people want your stuff. That will be annoying but I can feel it bubbling already. Here's the email The party prep was simple, A and her friends got cakes made and put up decorations. We begun to hear the rumble of thunder and after an extremely hot week we hoped it would rain. Big A confidently telling mum and Lynne it would only last an hour if it came. It suddenly seemed unlikely as only a few spots dropped. We continued with our lunch, me bemoaning that we might be missed. Oh how we needed to clear the air of dust and be refreshed, but at la...
My weekend started with prep for my evening of uni mates. There were 6 of us in the flat above the frame shop that we lived in in Norwich all those years ago and 5 of us who are still properly in touch. Laughing together was really lovely and we bemoaned the state of the world today and shared our various woes and rejoiced in the pride we have in our children (mine's the best one of course). There was a short stand with Steve and his missing glasses the next morning but all was well in the end! We had a flying visit from Ma, and BigAwhipped up a lovely lunch and she did a bit of apple tree maintenance, my garden really wouldn't flourish quite so wonderfully without her help and guidance. I sang again on Sunday at the folk event and, as often happens, Edgar came to listen to it all and support and to my surprise and delight so did my husband. It's the first time he's heard me sing a solo in quite some time. I just did one song and still can't quite bring myself to...
Comments
Post a Comment